Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back on the Interweb!

So I've been off-line for the last three days because I was told by my internet subscriber that I had used up my monthly data allowance. This wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be.

I mean sure I missed going through my Google reader and chatting with people I see ever afternoon anyway, but I managed to get a lot of work done because I wasn't alt+tabing every five minutes to check out something random online.

I also watched a shizz load of Curb Your Enthusiasm which was mad fun. Plus I also got to catch the last episode of Death Note which mad me very sad, because it didn't end up the way I wanted it to.

But I still love it!

Watching all these comedies and anime stuff really makes me want to do a comic again. Looking back at some of my old stuff I can't believe I had the patience to do half the art I did, but working on 10 drawing pages a day has really built up my resilience.

I've kind of got a half baked idea for like a horror/ detective thing that I'm stabbing at in my head, and I want to get some of it out this coming week. I'm not going to tell you too much about it yet because I'm still going over the finer points of it my self, but I will tell you that I'm seeing an Adrian Brody looking guy in a suit that has tentacles coming out from under his shirt.

Plus I want to kind of go back to doing some black and whites, though I haven't really been away from it so long as to totally miss it. But I'd like to do something that uses my line art with some of the vector stuff that I've been mucking around with. Maybe use the vectors for background elements.

I don't know... we'll see.

Here's a few of the bits I did this past week for that magazine I'm working for. I think I'm slowly getting the hand of this vector stuff.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...