Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dead Space 2 Offical interview

The crew from Visceral games take the time out to say a few words on their up coming squeal to my favorite game of all time. All I can ask is PLEASE don't f*ck it up.



As a huge fan of the first game, I just really want an extension of the things that I loved about it. I'd be happy with the same mechanics from the first game, but a whole new world/ area to explore and play through. Kinda like the old Resident Evil games, that kept the core game play pretty much the same for all the installments, but gave you new environments with little game play tweaks here and there.

Another thing I'd like to see is maybe more survivors to interact with or play along side. It would be so cool to fight and hack you're way to some dark, desolate corner to find some guy holding out against the impending doom that is the Necromorphs. It just adds a certain human aspect to the game, especially when you watch said person die horribly because of some stupid mistake you make.

I understand that being on you're own adds a deep sense of dread and despair, but it would be interesting none the less.

Like at some point in Doom3 (My second favorite game of all time) you find this one doctor, who guides you through a few dark levels with his lantern.

"Wanna go on an adventure?"

The area is crawling with demons hiding all over the place, ready to pounce on you and devour your soul, bitch thing is that you can't have your torch out at the same time as you gun.

So you find your self with a twitching trigger finger, huddling close to this guy; cause if you loose him...you're f*cked.

Basically I just hope they don't mess with Dead Space's original formula too much. I've already ranted about this in an earlier post which you can find here, so I'll take a breather now.

There's a Q & A session with Steve Papoutsis who is the executive producer on Dead Space 2 that can be seen here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...