Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What is thr point of the ref?

As a kid I used to love wrestling.

Since we didn't have TV till I was like 7 or 8... I used to go down to the local video store and grab VHS tapes on Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior.

By the time I hit high school we had WCW on TV, and I can't remember the amount of dates I cut short so I could get home by 11pm on Saturdays to watch WCW Nitro! When we started getting more channels, WWF came to town, and I'm sorry...but it had the cooler wrestlers. But I'll never forget them Nitro Girls.

Now days it pains me to watch WWE. Seeing all these big shot wrestlers that were nothing but lackies before pisses me off. Nothing will ever be the same as the original Wolf Pack or DX.

O well...

I came across something today which kinda made me smile though... Do you ever feel that some times other people have a direct feed to the crap that's stirring in your brain?

Get this: A wrestler who dies and comes back as a zombie!

Need I say more?


Dark Horse comics publishes a lot of my favorite shizz. From Hellboy to Conan...and now I'm going to get my grubby little hands on every single issue I can find of El Zombo Fantasma!

The basic story of it is a Wrestler that dies and makes a deal to come back...in exchange he has to watch over this chick who has more to her than meets the eye. (No shes not a Transformer)

And as if the news about the comic wasn't enough for me to come by... it seems there is gonna be a movie adaption too!

The story follows the mysterious murder of the world’s most notorious Mexican wrestler who bargains his way out of an eternity of fiery damnation by returning to Los Angeles to play guardian angel to a troublesome teen, Belisa Montoya. He soon discovers that the teen is not what she seems and that their fates have been intertwined for centuries.

Good stuff...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...