Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eat it Uwe Boll

Uwe Boll gets a lot of slack as a director, and yes his movies aren't the biggest hits, but you gotta admire the guy for sticking to it.

I wouldn't kill to see a Uwe Boll movie, but they are a lot of fun when viewed with a group your close pals. It's the stuff the future renditions of Mystery Science theater will be thriving on.

... and I kinda liked Postal.

Well... it seems good old Uwe is finally involved in something that's got my attention.

Uwe Boll groupie

Eaters is an Italian zombie movie that is being produced by Mr. Boll, it's about two guys who hit the road in search of survivors in a world infested by the undead. Aside from being up against hordes of zombies, they also come across non-zombie crazy people that no good zombie movie should ever go without. Directed by Luca Boni and Marco Ristori, I read some where this thing is expected to be out sometime in June. Check out a translated synopsis and a little more info here.

Now I may not have been too crazy about Uwe Boll's House of the Dead, but aside from the producer credit, I'm hoping this baby is going to be a throw back to the good old Italian zombie movies I know and love.

Check out the teaser below.



Like I said, I'm looking forward to this one. The trailer looked like the movie is having fun with itself, and it has the kind of campy-factor that actually works in the zombie movie genre.

While on the subject of foreign zombie flicks, the upcoming French zombie movie The Horde recently got it's own website. There's another movie I can't wait to see, when it comes to horror the French don't know where or when to stop, and they always deliver it in style.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...